Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Freedom Writers Foundation

Freedom Writers
by Robert G Parent

Hey everyone, just a quick post here to tell you all of a movie I just saw today. While the review will be up in a couple of days because I want to get box office totals for this first weekend of the movie. I thought when I went to go see the movie that would be it. I would see the movie, write my review, and move on to the next project. But instead I went on a little journey and even now I find myself still thinking about the movie. At the end of the movie, I sat there listening to the cool music reading the credits ( Yes, I read the credits ) and at the end of the movie it said that the movie was based on the book. So I had to find out if the book existed. I went to my local Barnes and Noble, just down the road of the movie theater, stood in the customer assistance line, and asked the clerk to see if they had the book. They did and I bought it. I haven't read it yet but I did read the poem on page 159 and turned it to the back of the book and found a website. I couldn't wait until I got home to check it out. I spent a great deal of time and you know what I found out. They were on other Television shows, where was I, why didn't I come across this website sooner. The story took place around 1994. I don't remember what I was doing around the time ( I'll have to ponder on that one ). You know, that also makes me think what is going on now that I'm not aware of. We can get so caught up living our lives that we don't always see or are aware of what is going on around us. I hope you all check out the Freedom Writers website and go and watch the Freedom Writers movie. On the website they do have a place to get involved. I made a donation at least until I see what else I could do to help the cause. English Teachers a cool. I had a creative writing teacher that inspired me to pick up the pen. I may do something with those journals (one more thing for me to do).

Go see the "Freedom Writers". Check out the
"Freedom Writers" website.
and at least make a donation to the Freedom Writers Foundation.

and as always,
stay Creative,
Robert

No comments: