Wednesday, September 03, 2014

The Interview

Hey everyone,  I wrote this story a week or so ago.  Who says stories have to be long.  Enjoy.

The Interview by Robert G Parent

I step in the elevator to go to the interview that will change my life for the better.  The elevator continues to go to the 60th floor.  The elevator stops between floors, the lights go out, and I'm all alone.  Fear creeps into my being as I think “am I going to die here in the darkness, alone.” I hear the fire alarm through the door. My heart is pumping.  Sweat rolls down my face.  My soul hears a silent cry.  I close my eyes.  An inner light glows and comes closer to fill my being.  I drift into peace.  Hours go by, the elevator opens on my floor.  I open my eyes in sudden realization at my future boss stirring back at me.

No comments: