Tuesday, July 03, 2007

“Transformers” movie review by Robert G Parent

“Transformers” movie review
by Robert G Parent


My first expression after seeing the movie is awesome. What a ride. But whenever you go for a ride with a Transformer, you are headed for an awesome adventure. Going to the movie, I was singing the Transformer's song in anticipation and was not disappointed.

This movie is truly and action movie. The visual and special effects were awesome. They even managed to put comedy into the movie, which got the audience laughing. The theater was full and its a good idea they had it showing in two theaters on two screens.

There were moments where I was on the edge of my seat. ( I rarely do that at movies. ) The special effects crew did an awesome job when the Transformers transformed into robots. They had to use some models with cgi, I guess. Oh, and when the Transformers talked it sounded like a Transformer's voice. Also, the basic storyline was a good one. One of a first movie in a series. Hopefully there is more to come.

The idea of bringing what we know and take for granted to a higher place in our imagination. Movies and stories like this give me hope that there is greatness in the human soul, thought, and imagination. It is the stories we write, watch, and read that stimulates our imagination and what we can one day become.

One final thought I want to make about the movie is its music. It was great and followed the action of the movie and drove, or helped drive the audience into that story. A movie that manages to do this to me is a good one in my opinion and is best to be seen on the big screen.

“All of life's questions are answered in the movies.” -- the Grand Canon
Robert G Parent

No comments: